Banner

Banner

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Ch-ch-ch-changes

Once upon a time, we moved into a little house.  It was not very nice, but it was a rental, so we couldn't do much to improve it.  So we decided to paint (with the landlord's blessing, of course)!  This is what we did to the living room (IGNORE THE MESS, PLEASE!):


 I spy Danny!
A peek into our embarrassingly messy bedroom...

So, I love the red paint.  Love.  It.  The brown...not so much.  It looked great next to the red on the paint swatch in Walmart, but it makes our living room/kitchen seem cave-like.  It's just so dark!  We decided to repaint it a cream color to brighten up the tiny room!  Here's what it looks like NOW!


 There's my puppy!  Also, a huge picture of us will go above the couch!
 Pretend that one picture frame isn't crooked...we're working on it.
 Watching Modern Family!  Also, a biggish picture of us will go under the music note thing.
The door got some new paint, too! :)

Basically, we love the transformation!  We still need to hang a few pictures and get some new curtains, but other than that, we're very happy!  The kitchen still needs to be painted, but it'll have to wait awhile...painting is apparently very strenuous exercise.  My muscles need a few days to recover from all the furniture moving!

Here's some eye candy for you.  Because I know you wanted some.  :)
 She somehow got paint on her nose...
 I almost captured her "baby rabbit" face!  She puts her ears back and makes big sad eyes.  Like a baby rabbit.
 Ellie obviously loves the new couch...she's on it constantly.
A peek at me during nap time!  Ellie thinks she's a cat.  Meow meow.

And now it's bed time!  I'm pretty sure my hubster is turning into a pumpkin...and he won't go to bed without me.  Dorkus!  Tomorrow is cleaning day, which will be SO MUCH FUN!  My sewing room needs some serious organization...although it's last on the list of things to do.  Hopefully we get to it!  Gute nacht!

No comments:

Post a Comment